Giants vs Diamonbacks – Pregame Notes (6/14)
The Giants return home to open a seven-game homestand tonight – starting it off with a four-game series against Arizona.
HOT HOT HOT
- The Giants enter today having won 12 of their last 18 games
- The Giants went 3-3 on their six-game road trip against Texas and Washington.
- Despite the .500 record, the Giants pitching staff posted a 2.13 ERA and held hitters to a .198 average during the stretch.
- The Giants have won five straight against Arizona since September 2020; they are 10-2 in their last 12 games against the Diamondbacks
BEST IN THE WEST (and the greater national league)
- The Giants enter today with the best overall winning percentage in the NL and third-best in Major League Baseball at .615 (40-25)
WOOD NEEDS TO GET ON TRACK
- LHP Alex Wood takes the ball for the Giants tonight. Wood has an 0-2 record with a 9.00 ERA in his last three starts. Prior, he was 5-1 with a 1.93 ERA through his first seven starts.
🔥The pitching staff's improvement is REMARKABLE
🥇The Giants pitching staff is 1st (!!!) in first-pitch strike percentage. We asked Gabe Kapler about this attack mentality:
— KXSF Sports (@KXSFsports) June 14, 2021